The new Bus Performance Dashboard is a user-friendly tool that tells our customers how we're doing by:
- Displaying new measures that reflect the performance of our bus network in a way that's more relevant to customers.
- Providing our customers with valuable information—about the entire network, or just about the route, or routes, that they take.
- Offering an easy-to-use tool that improves transparency.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Mean Distance Between Failures (MDBF) reports how frequently mechanical problems such as engine failures or electrical malfunctions cause delays. It is calculated by dividing the number of miles buses run in service by the number of incidents due to mechanical problems.
MDBF numbers include weekdays and weekends. This number is reported as a 12-month average.
Passenger Environment Survey (PES) indicators combine the results of surveys of a number of different aspects of bus vehicle and operating conditions in three categories:
- Appearance: For example, do the buses appear clean? Are they free of graffiti?
- Equipment: For example, do the the heat, air conditioning, and wheelchair lift work?
- Information: For example, is the information helpful and appropriate? Are the electronic signs correct? Are the announcements clear?
Separate surveys are conducted for local and express buses. Express buses are only surveyed for appearance and equipment indicators.
Surveys are conducted between 4 am and 11 pm on weekdays. This number is reported as a 12-month average.